WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR POSSIBLE MISHAPS WHICH MAY OCCUR WHILE APPLYING VINYL GRAPHICS OR SIGNAGE.
- Plastic squeegee
- Cutting knife
- Spray bottle- with detergent/water – Ratio: 3 drops detergent to one litre of water
- Prepsol (wax and grease remover)
- Tape measure
- Masking tape
- Apply to hot surfaces or dark surfaces in direct sunlight
- Attempt on a windy day
- Get the backing sheet wet
- CLEAN THE AREA – All surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned before applying your vinyl graphic. Clean the area with prepsol (wax and grease remover) and wipe the surface clean. When using prepsol follow immediately with a clean dry cloth.
- MEASURING AND SETTING OUT – Once the surface is clean, start by placing a piece of tape on one corner of the graphic where you want to place it. Measure and position the graphic. Once this is done, apply one long length of masking tape to the top of the graphic. This masking tape will be used as a hinge that will ensure that the graphic does not move during the squeegee process.
- THE HINGE METHOD – Hold the bottom edge of the hinged graphic away from the intended surface and carefully remove the backing sheet from top to bottom to reveal the sticky back of the vinyl. After removing the sticky side of the graphic, spray the sticky side of the graphic and the surface you are placing it on with the detergent/water solution. Once all the backing sheet is removed lay the graphic on the surface.
- USING THE SQUEEGEE – Start from the centre of the graphic and work outward. Work from top to bottom. Use firm strokes with the squeegee to force the water out from beneath the application tape.
- REMOVING THE APPLICATION TAPE – In order to remove application tape-spray with detergent/ water solution, re-squeegee. Gently remove the application tape, pulling the application tape flat against the surface being careful not to pull the graphic up. WHEN REMOVING THE APPLICATION TAPE, IF THE VINYL COMES OFF AT THE SAME TIME-DO NOT PANIC. Re-squeegee down and let sit for 5 minutes before trying to remove again.
- REMOVAL OF BUBBLES – Finally, squeegee out any last visable water bubbles by using the squeegee. Apply pressure on the water bubbles to flatten them out. If the water bubbles are still visable pop them with a pin at one end and press down gently. Do not worry about smaller bubbles as they should disappear on their own.